Supporting the dementia workforce to do their best work.
The New Zealand Dementia Foundation exists to improve the lives of people affected by dementia. We are an independent, national organisation connecting professionals to promote best practice dementia care through leadership in the areas of research, education, support, advocacy and influence.
We do this by supporting the dementia workforce to do their best work:
- We support the supporters
- We champion the champions
- We work for the workforce
- We influence the influencers
- We educate the educators
- We care for caring professionals
- We believe in the global dementia charter “I can live well with dementia”
- We believe that the dementia sector has the potential and responsibility to help ensure that people live well with dementia at all stages of the dementia journey.
- We believe that with your support the New Zealand Dementia Foundation can help the sector to fulfil this potential, to best support people living with dementia now and in the future.
- We link, we speak
The New Zealand Dementia Foundation was created as a voice for the sector. As a sector wide organisation we provide knowledge brokerage, a collective voice, and a networked community with hundreds of members from a range of professional roles.
- We lead, we look to the future
We provide information, education, and knowledge exchange to inspire and strengthen best practice. We influence service planning and practice development.